Using Dorm Auditor you greatly lessen the chance for disputes (between you and the Student Housing Office or Residence Hall Office) at the end of the semester or academic year for damage to your dorm suite that, in fact, was pre-existing. There's nothing more frustrating than having your grades or security deposit being "held hostage" by your school because of an unjustified dispute over damage done to your dorm room.
Once you've completed your dorm audit, you can create on-screen reports for free, or purchase tokens through Google In-App-Purchases to create printable reports in: PDF, Plain Text, and Excel formats. These Printable Reports cost you less than the price of a cup of coffee at McDonald's. Reports can be created on-the-spot and emailed to anyone who has a stake in ensuring that you get the best value for your money (e.g. yourself, your roommate(s), campus housing, your parents, etc.).
The reports that you create can be emailed to the Campus/ Residents Housing Office so they are aware of the defects in your dorm room. Even if the defect(s) you identify aren't repaired by the Housing Office maintenance staff, you've taken an important step in protecting yourself from being unjustifiably charged for damage in your dorm room that was pre-existing and already present before you moved in.
KEY FEATURES OF DORM AUDITOR:
1) Full support for both English and Spanish speaking users.
2) It's Free to use and create On-Screen reports! Or you can choose to purchase a few In-app-Tokens and create Printable Reports that can be emailed, transferred to your PC, or stored in the cloud.
3) It provides an easy, organized, and proven approach for documenting the condition of your dorm room.
4) The On-board help screens are backed up with over 20 in-depth detailed training videos on YouTube.
5) It even allows Tablets and Phones which only have a front-facing camera (i.e. a camera that faces the user), to take photos of your dorm room or dorm suite, and its features & defects.
6) Report translation allows you can conduct your dorm room audit in Spanish, then automatically translate the reports into English (or visa-verse).
7) Printable Reports can be created in: PDF, Excel compatible, and plain Text formats with photo attachments. On-Screen Reports are free!
8) Digital Photos in the PDF reports, can be red-lined and marked up using the free Adobe PDF viewer.
9) You can track the “repair status” of a defect and create reports showing repair history such as when a defect was identified and repaired by maintenance.
1) Supported on Android phones and tablets running version 3.x and later and Kindle Fire HD tablets.
2) Support for Korean, Japanese, Chinese, as well as German, French, and Portuguese to be added Q4/2014.
3) If your residence is really an Apartment (not a dormitory) then consider using Apartment Auditor instead.
4) Auditor Editions for Houses, Mobile Homes and Town Houses will be released in Q4 of 2014.
5) In general, iOS and Windows Phone 8 Editions are scheduled to be release 2 months after the Android release.
App19 Dev Team part of our Education and have average installs from 100 to 500. Last Update Sept. 9, 2014. ZTE rating is 60.0. Current verison is for VIVO 2014.09.09. Actual size 16.0 MB.